Monday, December 27, 2010

More Beauty Within!



I have a clean and simple card to share today. I'm loving the Flourishes set Beauty Within. I mis-stamped an image, and if you know me, you know I don't like to toss anything!!

For this technique, I stamp my images on *acetate* which is actually re-purposed packaging. Anything that comes in a clear package, that is not all scratched up, goes into my acetate scraps bin. I stamp my images on the acetate with Stazon ink....and noone knows that I'm being *green!*

So, even though I mis-stamped my image on the scrap acetate, I decided to salvage the rose and cut it out of the image to use as my focal point. I had an extra piece of the Technique Tuesday lace border that I had glittered for last week's card laying handy on my desk....so I decided to go with a clean and simple card with the same elements.

I cut a Spellbinders Labels Five die down to frame my rose and glittered the edge with Art Institute glitter. I used the Victoria Cuttlebug embossing folder for an elegant backdrop for my rose.

Happy New Year Wishes to you all!

4 comments:

  1. This card is really pretty!!! I love how it's simple white, but with the beautiful details there, very lovely!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,
    Love how you've incorporated all the little bits and pieces to make a very classy card.
    ~rubber hugs, inky wishes ~
    Madge

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so pretty! I love how you have used the glitter on this card, it's a great technique! Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake

    ReplyDelete