Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Fairy Godmother Spinner Card

Hello OCS fans!  I have a very fun card to share today - using one of the new Art Impressions Spinners from their 2015 release.  This little fairy is my absolute favourite out of all the new Ai product!  I've made a spinning easel card to show her off, here is Fairy (Sku #4576):
 The Spinners are literally designed to spin!  The set comes with both a front and back image, and a sentiment.  I have sandwiched a piece of thread between the front and back when I glued her together, and then I've suspended the thread between my die cut frame.  Here's a close up where you can see the thread:
 After colouring the fairy, I used pieces of washi tape to secure two Spellbinder's dies together, and then cut them out twice in the turquiose cardstock to form my frame:
 After fussy cutting the fairy, I drew a light pencil line on the wrong side of her, and ran a line of glue down it to adhere the piece of thread.  Then I glued the fairy together, and sandwiched the top and bottom ends of the thread between the frame pieces.
 My card base is 5 1/2" x 11".  You can see below that I glued two matted pieces of star print paper onto the card front.  I scored a line across the front between the two panels - this is where the card will fold up to the easel shape.  I positioned the smaller of the two dies (the photo shows both, but I removed the larger die before cutting!) in the middle of the front and ran it through my Cuttlebug.  Then I glued the bottom half (only!!) of the turquiose frame on top of the opening, so that when the front is bent upwards, the fairy would be suspended in the frame.
Here is what the card looks like closed:
And finally a few more shots so that you get the idea - you won't believe how difficult this card is to photograph, as she literally spins all the time.  I set her spinning, then quickly shot a bunch of photos until I got her facing forward - it was quite funny :o)

 One Crazy Stamper products: Art Impressions Fairy Set (Sku #4576)

6 comments:

  1. Awesome card and your colouring is the bomb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen this card is so cute! Can't wait to get my hands on more spinners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, this card is awesome. Love the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great paper and the colors have POP! Love that image, makes me smile! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete