Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Choppers in Motion Tutorial

Hi all, for another Wonderful Wednesday at One Crazy Stamper.  Since it is my turn to post a tutorial for the OCS DT, I have chosen to show you what I did to create a "motion" scene.
I am using a High Hopes stamp called "Choppers Chillaxin" available at One Crazy Stamper for an insanely low price, as are all One Crazy Stamper's items.   6 chillax copy
Here is my finished card.  I kept it very simple with layers and a few embellishments. 
 November's Challenge for One Crazy Stamper is "Anything Goes --  join in on the fun for some "free stuff".

Now, on with my Tutorial. 




1)  Stamp your image on far right or far left of piece of white Cardstock  (depending on where you want your image to finish up).
1)  Stamp your image on far left or far right depending on where you want your image to end up.











2)  Stamp your image onto a Post-it Note making sure you stamp on the top side of the sticky part. (this will allow you to temporarily adhere your mask to the stamped image.2 chillax copy












3)  Cut the right or left side of your mask depending on which side you want your image to come from.3 chillax copy  No need to be perfect - just a "roughy cut outside the lines".










4)  Place your mask over your stamped image.4 chillax











5)  There is no need to re-ink your stamp for your second image - just "huff" on the ink to refresh it.  Stamp your second image.   I didn't align my images as I wanted them to appear to move and jiggle up and down with the motion of the waves.5) Instead of reinking your stamp - huff on it to get a slightly lighter image than the first one.  Repeat for third image.

6)  Stamp your image for the 3rd time - huffing on your stamp once again.  The image does not have to be "all there", it should be just a blur.


7)  Proceed to color your image.  The first image you stamped will be in full color.   P1010868

The second image will be lighter, and the third image will be a "blur of color", very pale in comparison to the first image.

Here is a larger version of my finished card.  I kept the embellishments very simple and purposely rough cut around the image and placed it tilted on the paper to give the illusion of bouncing on the waves.

6 chillax copy

 
I hope you've enjoyed my tutorial, if you have any questions, feel free to email me. 
Materials: High Hopes Choppers Chillaxin stamp, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Xpress It Blend cardstock, Copic Markers: Water;  B000, B02. B97, B95  Chopper;  E47, E39, E15, E70, E71     Tube;  YR000, YR21, YR12, E11, YR38, R08, R14
siggyhaycock

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic tutorial Madge, and the finished project is stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great tutorial Madge, and the card is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete