Friday, June 9, 2017

All you need is love and a cat -- High Hopes Stamps

Today's creation is made 
with the following High Hopes stamps...
and
I had some scraps of canvas fabric
in my stash and decided to put it to
good use. I sew up the canvas and
made some bags.
Also created a friendship tag stamped on canvas:) !!
Heat pressed a cute sentiment on the back  that reads "all you need is love and a cat"
I used my High hopes stamps with 
Stazons Ink  and and applied it to the
front of the bag.
Pulled out my Copic markers and
coloured the canvas.
Some tips I have if your going to try this technique ... (as I discovered along the way).
 Let the ink fully dry (probably  let dry overnight is the best).  I had some minor smudging along the way.  Partially due to the fact that I didn't give my ink a chance to dry and its best to dot (up and down)  the marker in areas with a lot of ink lines ( like the face).
The background is airbrushed using copic markers along with a die cut cloud that I used as a stencil.
Patches approves this project! :) 
Join us for our Anything Goes challenge. Here's the link: June Challenge

Thanks for peeking,  wishing you a great weekend!!

2 comments: