Thursday, December 20, 2018

Penguin Christmas

It is 5 days until Christmas and I am still working on Christmas cards. Thankfully it is the cards I can deliver in person I am putting the finishing touches on! 
This week I am having some fun with new "Penguin Tag" from the Woodsy Christmas release. I decided to make it a shaker in the tag portion of the stamp just for fun. 

Merry Christmas to all of the High Hopes and One Crazy Stamper fans and to all of my blog followers and crafty friends! 



I started by colouring my stamp with alcohol markers and adding some silver wink of stella and Stickles for a bit of sparkle. Next I fussy cut the inside of the tag, followed by the outside and ran a black marker around the edge. As I am looking at the cut out stamp I questioned my sanity on making it a shaker card - I mean the striped edge is pretty thin and I don't have any foam tape that skinny! Oooiiyyy! I forged ahead and chose my patterned paper and started cutting it to fit my card size. 
I masked off the sentiment to get the one line I wanted from it and cut it to fit. Yes, at this point I am wracking my brain to figure out how I am going to get foam tape skinny enough to fit the striped border and not stick out the sides but keep the tag shape. My solution? Take the skinniest foam tape (width) I have and cut pieces of it in half. This was the perfect solution to being able to keep the shape of the tag so my shaker bits stayed in as well as keep the tape from peaking  out the side. Phew! Crisis averted. Some red silver edge ribbon and sparkly gumdrops finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Penguin Tag - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Sparkle and Cheer - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Have A Merry Christmas - Carta Bella, A Perfect Christmas - Echo Park

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Misti, snowflake embossing folder - Darice, white Christmas sequin mix - Little Things by Lucy's Cards, silver Wink of Stella, Silver Stickles, sparkly gumdrops - YNS, ribbon - Recollections 

Spectrum Noir Markers: BG5 BG7 BG10 CT1 GB5 CR7 CR11 DR6 LG2 LG4 LG5 CG4 DG3 JG6

Be sure to stop by the One Crazy Stamper Facebook page and blog for daily inspiration from the design team!
                                                                 
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment