Thursday, July 11, 2019

Penguin Cheer

I have a lot of friends and family who love penguins so I can never have too many penguin cards on hand. Thankfully High Hopes stamps has lots to choose from! Penguin Earmuffs is perfect for one of the many Christmas cards I will need for the penguin lovers in my life. 
I also used two snowflakes from High Hopes to create my Embossed Ink Resist background for this CAS (clean and simple) card.



I have wanted to try an Embossed Ink Resist background for awhile now so this week I took the time to try it out. After stamping my snowflakes I added my embossing powder and melted them with my heat gun. Next I grabbed some distress inks and did some blending - boy did I get inky! but it was so much fun! 
Next, I coloured this adorable penguin with alcohol markers and hand fussy cut him leaving a thin white edge. It is very hard to see in the picture but his ear muffs are coloured with sparkle pen and are very sparkly in real life - so hard to capture that with a camera. The sentiment is a "verse" and for this one I masked off the sentiment to only show the lines I wanted. It is great to be able to mask a stamp and get different uses out of it isn't it? 
Some matching sparkly gumdrops finish off my CAS card. 


Card Recipe 
High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Sparkle and Cheer - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Embossed Ink Resist technique

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Hammermill digital cover stock, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean distress inks, white embossing powder, classic circle die - Spellbinders, Fiskars circle cutter, Sheena Douglas sparkle pen, sparkly gumdrops - YNS

Spectrum Noir Markers: BG5 BG7 BG10 GB5 CT2 CT1 IG1 IG3 IG5 

The High Hopes and One Crazy Stamper Design teams post daily inspiration on Facebook and the blog. Inspiration can also be found on Instagram and Pinterest! 
                                                               
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment