Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Purrrrrrrfect Halloween

Hi all, Madge here for a very late wonderful Wednesday!  “The hurrier I go, the behinder I get”.  Oh this is soooooo true.

Today I’m using a Kraftin Kimmie image called Kreepy Kitty.  I wanted to keep the P1120481 copyimage simple and use distress inks to bring the white background to my choice of colours.  My image appears more purple IRL, however my camera picked up blues.

I stamped the image onto Xpress it with Black Tuxedo Memento Ink, coloured it with copics, and cut it  out.  The background is Xpress it shaded with Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Dusty Concord, Dried Marigold, Stormy Sky).  I then stamped a tree branch, tore and distressed the edges. I added some gold mica chips to give the appearance of leaves in the moonlight. The distressed paper was mounted onto a retired SU cardstock (Marigold Morning) and adhered to Black Cardstock. The sentiment was treated the same.

Simple and easy.  Hope it gave you an idea of how this kitty can be used – quick and easy.

You’ve still got a week to enter the October OCS Fall Challenge for OCS free stuff. We love to see what you come up with! 

~ Rubber hugz ~

siggyhaycock

2 comments:

  1. This is so awesome Madge. Love all the special effects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool card, Madge! I love what you've done and the gold mica is fabulous! Thanks very much! :o)

    ReplyDelete