Saturday, November 26, 2016

Winter Wonderland!

Karen Letchworth, OCS' Saturday Guest Designer is back with another adorable card, using the adorable stamp called Downhill Snowy from High Hopes Rubber Stamps.

Hello, friends!  Today I'm posting again as part of a Guest Design spot for One Crazy Stamper to promote High Hopes Stamps and the other wonderful products they carry.  For today's card, I have used a sweet High Hopes Stamp called Downhill Snowy.  Isn't he cute?


I stamped him in black and embossed him.  Then, I stamped him again to layer the colored parts of his body, such as his hat, jacket, etc.  For the downhill slope, I used some Diamond Stickles to help make it look more like real snow.  I water colored the background of the image several times to give it the look of cold, blowing Winter winds.


I added a small chipboard sentiment at the top left, and a big seam binding bow at the lower left that has a coordinating green button in its center that's tied with a piece of Icicle Metallic Baker's Twine.  I really wanted to make this sweet stamp the focal point of the card while also giving it some sweet embellishing.  The Downhill Snowy remains the real star of this card.


I hope that you will stop by the One Crazy Stamper Blog for more great inspiration, and to check out their fun challenge.  There are lots of great High Hopes Stamps to see, as well as all sorts of other great products.  Thanks for stopping by.

Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment