Thursday, July 19, 2018

Home For Christmas

One of my parents' favourite things about Christmas is to have their "kids" come home. My Mom is famous for having at least one of each of our favourite foods or snacks available at some point throughout the day. Now, add to that the grand children and let me tell you the variety of food and treats is crazy! but we all love being together. 
My card this week is based on this very thing - going/coming home for Christmas. 



The "pieces" for this card took some time to create. The stamps were coloured and fussy cut and then set aside. I paper pieced the hat and scarf on the "Momma" bird just for fun and added glitter drops to her hat.
Next, I cut out an oval and die cut quite a few branch pieces. I cut the branch pieces apart and laid them out on the oval die to from my nest. I trimmed the oval down to about a quarter of the size to form my base. Next I cut my tree branches and added a light touch of snow to them as well as a few of the branches on the nest. 
The sentiment was masked off with post it notes and stamped in stages. It took about 4 tries and a whole lot of patience to get it stamped the way I wanted it. Love my Misti is all I can say! 
Some ribbon and gumdrops finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp: BluebirdyLanding Birdie - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - All Hearts - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Classic Christmas - Simple Stories, Holly Jolly - MME
Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Misti, classic circle die - Spellbinders, Moonstone Spectrum Sparkle pen, Fresh Snowfall Nuvo glitter drops, Christmas branch die set- Whimsy Stamps, Mini Holiday greens die - Sizzix, Galena ribbon, gumdrops - YNS

Spectrum Noir Markers: CR7 CR11 DR6 CT1 CT2 GB5 CT4

                  
 Follow the One Crazy Stamper blog as the DT Divas will be bringing Daily Inspiration throughout the month. Don't forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.

                                                  
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

1 comment: