Thursday, November 8, 2018

Woodland Noel

How fun are these woodland friends all hanging out in a stocking?!!
When I saw this stamp I knew I wanted to colour it up in some earthy tones and find a way to make it look like these cute friends are hanging from a tree branch. 
What was in my head didn't work out and this card went totally sideways from "the plan" but I am happy with the end result. 

Meet "Woodland Stocking" from the new Woodsy Christmas release!



After colouring these cuties with alcohol markers, I cut it out using an oval die. I chose some matching wood and subtle snowflake paper for my background. The stamp was hand fussy cut leaving a thin white border. Next I cut some matching branches for the top of my oval. I chose not to add a sentiment because I thought the Noel on the stocking was perfect. I added some clear sparkle pen to each letter for a bit of bling. A glitter ribbon bow and enamel dots finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Woodland Stocking - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Winter Wonderland - Simple Stories  

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Misti, Clear Spectrum Sparkle pen, Galena ribbon, foam pop dots - Forever In Time, mini greens die - Tim Holtz, enamel dots - Gina Marie Designs, Oval die - Gina Marie Designs 

Spectrum Noir Markers: BG5 BG7 BG10 MB1 MB3 MB4 OR1 TN3 TN6 TN7 GY2 FS8 EB1 TN1 DR6 CR7 DR6 CG1 DG2 YG3 BGR2 BGR3 BGR4 VB2 VB3 

Be sure to stop by the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook page and blog for daily inspiration from the oh so creative design team!
                                                                 
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!



No comments:

Post a Comment