Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Ombre Paper Flower Tutorial

Hey there my fellow crafty peeps, I've got a neat tutorial to show you today. I'll be making a paper flower out of watercolour paper and then I have a little video to show you how to do an ombre look on the petals.

So lets get started.

 These are some supplies I'll be using, a glue gun would work great(but I don't have one...I know, I know I can't believe it either). 

4''x3'' pieces of coldpress watercolour paper. 

This is how I created the ombre look for the petals.

You'll need to make large enough slits in the petals so the stem can fit through.

I used flower stem tape, wire stems and some stems I had from a faux flower bouquet. Or if you have the ones on the far left, they are awesome too.

I hooked the wire through the trinket and twisted the end to secure it, then I twisted the wire around the stem. 

To get a realistic looking petal, bend and roll it around a bit and it will to give them their lovely shape. After the first three petals are in position, add glue to secure and continue adding more petals in a staggered pattern. 

Once your flower is complete, wrap the stem with some stem tape for a finished look. 

The result...a beautiful paper flower!

Hope you enjoyed my tutorial, have a super awesome crafty day!


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful tutorial and beautiful creation! Thanks for sharing your inking technique!
    Regards, Maya S. | End of Tenancy Cleaning Hampstead

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, thanks for a wonderful tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow so beautiful, thanks for showing us how your create these! :) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ago pretty. A wonderful tutorial Aaemie!

    ReplyDelete