Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Howdy

This week I am getting in touch with my country side. I grew up in town but I had a number of friends and an aunt and uncle who had farms that I spent my summer vacations going to. 

I learned how to milk cows, pick stones in the fields and clean out pig pens and much more!We worked hard ..... and yes we had some fun too! Honestly I'm a farm girl at heart. 

"Clarebelle & Riley" bring back some very fun memories for me! 





After colouring my stamp with alcohol markers, I cut it out using a stitched square die. The sentiment is part of a larger sentiment but I thought it fit this stamps perfectly. 
I really wanted to find a way to combine patterned paper that in my mind have kind of a country feel to them - gingham, burlap, denim and barn board. I was able to combine paper from two different companies and my stash to achieve my country feel. 
Some matching blue gumdrops finish off my card. 

Stamps: Clarabelle & Riley - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Howdy Pardner - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Tiny Checks - MFT, Snap Basics - Simple Stories, 
Denim - from my stash
 Tuxedo Black ink - MementoMistiBurlap - Forever In Time, Fishtail Banner die - YNS, stitched square die - YNS, Blueberry gumdrops - YNS

Spectrum Noir: FS5 FS2 TN2 TB8 BT9 TB9 FS8 TN1 EB1 EB2 IG3 IG2 EB6 EB3 EB5 CR7 CR11 DR6 CT1 CT3 GY1
Copics: E31 E34 E37


 Join us for our Anything Goes challenge. Here's the link: July Challenge

 Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment