Thursday, January 18, 2018

Owl Love

I have a confession - I don't usually make Valentine's Day cards but sometimes you have an image cross your crafty desk that just screams at you to make it a Valentine's Day card. 

That is what happened with Love Birds. I kept the layout very clean and simple (for me) - they are just too cute and I wanted them to really be the focus of my card. I also have them sitting on the perfect branch  - it has a few leaves to give this sweet couple some privacy <smile>






After colouring my stamps with alcohol markers I hand fussy cut them. Their tails had to be cut off so I could put them behind the branch. I set them aside and blended some inks to create a light airy background. I added some hearts above their heads for fun. The sentiment was masked off and stamped directly on my background - thankful for my Misti for this one! The heart they are holding is coloured with a sparkle pen - so hard to get a good photo of! Some simple gumdrops finish off my card.

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Love BirdsBranch - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Love Never Fails - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: ink blended by me
Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Misti, stitched rectangle die - Your Next Stamp, Stampin' Up inks, mini heart ink splatter - Your Next Stamp, Cosmos Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen

Spectrum Noir Markers: EB6 EB3 EB5 CT1 CT2 GB5 CG1 DG2 DG4 TN3 TN6 TN7 TN4 TN8

                                                                        
 Don't forget to ink up your favourite High Hopes stamp and come play along in our Anything Goes with a twist challengeWe can't wait to see what you create! 

                                                  
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!


No comments:

Post a Comment