Wednesday, May 23, 2012

“Ed” has a problem

Hi all, for another Wonderful Wednesday.  I am giggling to myself about the stamp I chose to use.  It is one of those front / back stamps from OCS called Ed Front and Back.  I saw this stamp and thought to myself, “I know a couple of “old Ed frontgeezers” that this would be perfect for……… thus the card.   A birthday card for a friend, who is an expert fisherman, but I think he would see the humor in this. Both back and front were stamped onto Xpress It blend cardstock, colored with copic markers, cut out and mounted onto acetate.
Ed open This is one of those cards that cannot be captured with a camera as it has an acetate front (hence the glare).  “Ed” has silver thread looped around him front and back – attached to the fish  (punch).   The background was stamped with StazOn onto glossy white,  and sponged with Tim Holtz Distress inks 
Purely by accident, I was playing with the acetate and curved it outwards – then thought that it would be perfect for it to be curved for sitting upright to display……….  thus the two punches on the far right hand side of the card for the transparency to slip under.  This card was a hoot to put together – and I giggled the whole time.  I had to wait until Ed sideafter the Birthday to post this…….. and I’m still giggling.
Remember, “Stamp up a storm, ink up a wish and send it on to make someone smile”.
siggyhaycock

2 comments:

  1. A great card Madge and I can see why you giggled while making it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow - this looks so cool - love the double sided image and your background too!

    ReplyDelete