Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Fresh Apple Pie

I hope you are enjoying all the fun Fall/Halloween stamps the design team is sharing this month. 

This is "Milton's Fall Harvest". He looks so proud of all his apples! For me this stamp reminded me of all of the fresh, warm apple pie and apple crisp my mom made when we were growing up. She sometimes made apple dumplings too but not too often so they were a special treat for us. 



Close Up


After colouring the stamp with alcohol markers I cut him out using a stitched rectangle die. I added some paper from Jillibean, Carta Bella and some from my stash. I added some texture by running some plain cardstock through an embossing folder and using some burlap ribbon. The sentiment was created on my computer. Milton is popped up with pop dots as there are lots of layers of paper underneath him. A quilled apple from my stash finishes off my card. 

Card Recipe
Stamps: Milton's Fall Harvest (S214), High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Calibri font - computer
Patterned Paper: Dots and Stripes - Carta Bella, Jillibean, stash
Stitched Rectangle Die - Your Next Stamp, Forever in Time 3D Pop Dots, burlap ribbon - dollar store, quilled apple - stash, Cuttlebug Polka Dots Embossing Folder

Spectrum Noir Markers: TN1 EB1 EB2 EB6 EB3 EB5 TN3 TN6 TN7 GB8 GB10 CR7 CR11 DR6 LG1 LG3 LG5 JG2 JG3

There is still time top play along in our August Fall/Halloween challenge. Click this link and come play along. I can't wait to see your creations!

If you need High Hopes Stamps or crafting supplies you can find them at 


Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic day! 


1 comment:

  1. Eek! Super cute!! Gorgeous colouring, as always - and I adore your quilled apple ;o)

    ReplyDelete