Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Wanna Hang Out?

Happy Wednesday OCS Fans! 

I had a little bit of fun with my card this week. I challenged myself...to use tissue paper and material instead of patterned paper. It was an interesting experiment! 

I used "Just Hanging Out and Bat" from High Hopes Rubber Stamps. 


Close Up


After colouring the stamps with alcohol markers I fussy cut them out. I went one step further with my fussy cutting and cut out our cute vampire's cape. I added some pale orange and silver material from a Halloween bag I found. Sparkle was also added to the bats just for fun. 
I used some white tissue paper I received with a gift - I wanted a used piece so I had some texture. I very carefully! stamped my cob web and fence and glued it onto the back of the black frame I made out of cardstock. I used some orange and black patterned paper to create a second frame and mounted it to black cardstock. The sentiment was created on my computer and voila! A few orange gumdrops finish off my card. 

Card Recipe
Stamps: Just Hanging Out (R125), Bat (H267) High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Mistral font - computer
Patterned Paper: Frightful - My Minds Eye
"Cape" - Halloween Bag 
White Gel Pen, Mr. Bones stamps - Bo Bunny
Orange Gumdrops - Your Next Stamp

Spectrum Noir Markers: FS1 FS2 TN2 FS8 BG5 BG7 BG10 EB6 EB3 EB5 TB8 BT9 TB9

Our challenge for August is Fall/Halloween. Click this link and come play along. I can't wait to see your creations!

If you need High Hopes Stamps or crafting supplies you can find them at 


Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic day! 


1 comment:

  1. Hot dog tissue paper, awesome idea, looks great girl, and the cut out too great card, cheers! L ;)

    ReplyDelete