Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Gone Fishing - Father's Day

Welcome One Crazy Stamper Fans!

It’s Wednesday, and I’m back to share a second Father's Day card this week that I made for my dad using Bear (High Hopes Rubber Stamps), Bait Shop (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) and Bob Hooked a Big One (High Hopes Rubber Stamps). My dad is an avid Fisherman and from the time he retired years ago, there are very few weeks that go by without him fishing, including winter. LOL!


On the front of my card, I used Bob Hooked a Big One (High Hopes Rubber Stamps). I then fussy cut around the image and mounted it onto some green cardstock and used my Cricut Explore to cut out the lettering.

For the inside of the card, I wanted to try something different and decided to make a pop-up card which I did in several stages.

Stage 1: I cut some green cardstock 12 x 6" and then mounted 6 x 6" piece from 49 and Market Tattered Garden onto one half of it. Next, I scored the paper in half and used Stampendous - Pop-Up Stage Die set to cut 3 pop-up levels as seen in the image below. Then I cut just a little off of each side and mounted the die cut piece onto some brown cardstock, cut 12 x 6". I then used some double-sided pop-up tape to mount the Bait Shop - Bait Shop (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) and the double-side tape to mount the bear - Bear (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) as well.

Here is a close-up of the Bear and Bait Shop.
Stage 2: To create the scene of the bear going through the grass, I used Lawn Fawn - Grassy Hillside Borders. I cut several pieces in various greens and then measured the back pieces to the pop-up that I created earlier. Cutting them at .5 in., 1 in. and 1.5 in. in the centre to fit around the pop-up. I also used some double-sided tape to pop up a few of the die cuts.



Stage 3: Lastly, I typed up an old saying for dad's on my computer, printed it out and die cut it using Your Next Stamp - Stitched Rectangle Die Set (YNSD214).

Here is how the inside looks all finished.


Card Recipe:

Stamps:  Bear (High Hopes Rubber Stamps), Bait Shop (High Hopes Rubber Stamps), Bob Hooked a Big One  (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)

Paper: 49 and Market Tattered Garden - 6 x 6 Collection Pack, Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card, Brown Cardstock, Various Green Cardstocks, Fish Paper

Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Peeled Paint

Die Cuts: Your Next Stamp - Stitched Rectangle Die Set (YNSD214), Stampendous - Pop-Up Stage Die set, Cricut Explore, Lawn Fawn - Grassy Hillside Borders

Miscellaneous Tools: Cuttlebug, MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool

Coloured the image with Copic Markers: 

Bear: Spectrum Noir: EB6, EB4, EB3, Prismacolor Premier Pencils - PC947 Dark Umber, PC946 Dark Brown, PC945 Sienna Brown, PC941 Light Umber, PC935 Black, Copic R02, R20, Sakura Glaze - Black, Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen

Bait Shop: E97, E95, E08

Grass: G28, G14, G07

Trees: G29, G99, G94, YG95

Shop: E97, E95, E08, E29, E25, E23, C5, C3, C1

Boat: E29, E25, E23

Skin: E21, E11, E04, E00, E000

Hair: N6, N4, N2

Hat: G99, G94, YG93, R27, R24, V04

Fish: YG03, YG01, Y04, BG11, G99, R22, R20

Water: B29, B26, B24, B23, B21, BG01, G12

Fishing Rod: E27, E25, E23, N4

Glasses: BG000, BG02

Fishing Lure: BG93, BG90

Background: B01

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the One Crazy Stamper blog, and the One Crazy Stamper Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.










No comments:

Post a Comment