Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Yertle's Belated Birthday

 Welcome back OCS fans! Happy Wednesday!

I am having way too much fun playing with the new Party Time release from High Hopes Rubber Stamps. 

This week I am playing with "Yertle Turtle Birthday" - I LOVE his name - and the "Belated Birthday" sentiment. 

Poor Yertle, he is a turtle and moves VERY slowly so he missed the Birthday party. He looks a little sheepish about missing the party but also very happy to bring belated wishes. 




After colouring my stamp with alcohol markers I fussy cut it with my trusty manicure scissors, added some Stickles and a clear sparkle pen for some bling and set it aside to dry. 
While my image was drying, I cut a piece of white cardstock and a cloud die, grabbed some light blue ink and a dauber and created my sky background. A picket fence and some grass hills finish off my background scene for Yertle. 
Patterned paper pieces and cardstock were cut to size to fit my 5.5" x 5.5" base and everything was glued down. The sentiment was stamped and mounted, a ribbon bow added and some enamel dots to finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 
Stamps: Yertle Turtle Birthday (TT109) - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Belated Birthday (GG013)- High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper:  Sugar & Spice - Doodlebug 
 Tuxedo Black ink - MementoCopic XpressIt cardstockDiamond Stickles, Stitched Square die - YNS, Double Stitched Hills die - YNS, Fence & Lampost die - YNS, Clear Spectrum Sparkle pen, Baby Blue ink - Memories, Ribbon - stash, Mistletoe Kisses enamel dots - Simple Stories

Spectrum Noir: FS8 PP1 PP3 PP5 CT2 CT4 GB5 OR1 DG1 CG1 LG4



A new month = a new challenge! Join us for the Party Time challenge. Here's the link:February Challenge
There is also a sketch for you to use if you would like. We can't wait to see what you create!



 Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic day!



No comments:

Post a Comment