Thursday, June 21, 2018

Your Best Miles

I have a couple of nieces and nephews who are old enough to drive and have their own vehicles. 
After I get over feeling old, I try to come up with Birthday cards that are unique to each of them. My latest card is for a nephew who is turning 18 in July - Yikes! Hopefully he doesn't have a need for speed like this stamp suggests...hmmm...maybe I should rethink this and the gas card I was going to include with it....... 




After stamping my car and colouring it with alcohol markers I hand fussy cut it and ran a black marker around the edge to cover any white I had missed. 
Paper from Basic Grey and some from my stash were perfect for my masculine themed card. I cut out the licence plate for the background and stamped one of my sentiments directly on it - I see now it's not actually straight but I'm the "crazy aunt" so I decided to leave it just for fun! 
The second sentiment is actually one long sentiment but I masked it off to stamp it so I had a stacked sentiment. Some simple gumdrops finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Need For Speed- High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment - Best MilesHappy Birthday Block - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey, stash 
Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Misti, Licence plate die - Quickutz, gumdrops - Your Next Stamp

Spectrum Noir Markers: BG5 BG7 BG10 TN1 EB1 EB2 CG4 DG3 JG6 IG1 IG2 IG6 


                   
 Follow the One Crazy Stamper blog as the DT Divas will be bringing Daily Inspiration throughout the month. Don't forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.

                                                  
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment