Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Clucker Club

This week's post gives us a peek into the hen house! I have wanted to try making a shadow box style card for awhile now and I thought these chicken stamps were perfect for my first try. 

There seems to be quite the conversation going on in the hen house today don't you think? 



I started my vision by searching for the perfect shadow box style I pictured in my head. I found a tutorial here and after a few failed attempts with some regular printer paper, I made my frame with some wood patterned paper. Next, I measured the inside space of my square and stamped a chicken wire background to fit. The chickens were added to some red cardstock and popped up with 3D foam dots. Raffia pieces were perfect for some "straw" in my mind so I cut some pieces and "roughly" added them. I think a few feathers were the perfect touch - you know someone is clucking about something that will upset someone! 
Some gingham ribbon and matching sentiments finish off my card. This is a fun card style to make and I definitely see more in my future! 

Card Recipe 
 - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Chick GossipRuffled - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Snap Basics - Simple Stories 
 Tuxedo Black ink - MementoMisti,  fishtail banner dies - YNS, Best Glue Ever - ScraPerfect, feathers and raffia - stash, Celebrate It Ribbon, 3D foam pop dots - Forever in Time

Spectrum Noir: CR7 CR11 DR6 CT1 CT4 GB5 MB1 MB2 MB4 TN1 EB1 EB2 TN4 TN6 TN7

 Join us for our My Favourite Things Challenge - here's the link: August Challenge

 Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic day!

1 comment:

  1. Friend this is pretty cute, great background. Gotta like those Cluckers! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete