Wednesday, August 2, 2017

More Than The Cat

Happy Wednesday OCS Fans! 
I'm back sharing another cutie from the new So Much Cuteness release at High Hopes Rubber Stamps.

I love dogs and this Prancing Pup is just too cute for me not to ink up. He kind of reminds me of my dog after he gets a hair cut - he prances around with his chest puffed out a bit and his head held high - he knows he is looking fine! Now, if I could just train him to bring me a flower..........<smile>




I wanted to try something different with this stamp. After colouring it with alcohol markers, I cut along his foot, tail and ear......but only part way. I have never done this before but I slid my circle die into the cut area and ran it through my Big Kick. This gave me part of this cute pup sticking out of the circle - I added a couple of black marks by his tail so it looks like it is wagging. 

The circle is filled in with an heart splatter stamp - should have used a darker ink here but the close up shows it a little better and gives you the idea. Some ribbon and enamel dots finish off my card.

Card Recipe 
Stamps: Prancing Pup - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: I Love You More - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: It's A Boy - Carta Bella
 Tuxedo Black ink - MementoMisti,  Best Glue Ever - ScraPerfect, classic circle die - Spellbinders, fishtail banner die - YNS, Mini Heart Splatter - YNS, ocean ink - Martha Stewart, ribbon stash, summer breeze enamel dots - Whimsy Stamps

Spectrum Noir: EB6 EB3 EB5 BG5 BG7 BG10 CT1 CT2 CT4 GT1 GT2 HB31 LV1 HB2 


 Join us for our My Favourite Things Challenge - here's the link: August Challenge

 Thanks for stopping by! Have a fantastic day!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, that's a funny sentiment. Great job on the partial cut. Makes a fun detail. Hugz

    ReplyDelete