Thursday, November 22, 2018

Christmas Wreath

I don't know about your neighbourhood but some of my neighbours have started putting up their Christmas decorations. 
This week my card was inspired by the outdoor decorations I see going up. There are a lot of people who are putting up lights, blow up a characters and wreaths on their door or on the brick above their garage door.

Inspired by the wreath on the brick look, I decided to design my card with that in mind. For me this is a CAS card design and I have used some non traditional colours for this gorgeous wreath from the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Woodsy Christmas new release. I had to sit on my hands, I find the CAS style quite challenging!  



The stamp is coloured with alcohol markers and hand fussy cut leaving a thin white line. I set it aside and cut a piece of white card stock to the size I needed. I taped it down with painters tape and then placed the brick pattern stencil over top and taped down the corners. London Fog ink was perfect for my brick colour as I wanted it to be kind of subtle so the wreath is the focus. 
Originally, I was going to pop the wreath up on pop dots so I added a silver glitter heart with a piece of thread in the middle. The heart kept sitting sideways so I ended up just gluing everything down. I put my cardstock into my Misti and stamped my sentiment (after I masked off the exclamation mark) and added a silver glitter heart beside it. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Wreath - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Merry Christmas - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Misti, silver Wink Of Stella, silver glitter paper, brick stencil - Whimsy Stamps, London Fog ink - Memento

Spectrum Markers: BT4 BT5 BT9 CR1 CR3 EB6

Be sure to stop by the One Crazy Stamper Facebook page and blog for daily inspiration from the design team!
                                                                 
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment