Thursday, November 1, 2018

Winter Stroll

I have a confession to make. Winter really isn't my favourite time of year. There are some beautiful days though - you know the ones... the sun is glistening off the snow, little to no wind, not too cold and a fresh blanket of snow. 
I love to take my dog for a long walk on this type of day! He loves to bury his nose in the snow and run!!

This "perfect" winter day was the inspiration for this weeks card. I mean why wouldn't a bear want to take a stroll in the woods with mountains in the background on a beautiful winter day right?! 




I started today's card by stamping one evergreen tree, masking it off and stamping some of the mountains. I stamped an extra tree and the bear and coloured everything with alcohol markers and fussy cut them. "Snow" was added to the sky with a white gel pen.
 I cut my patterned paper to the sizes I needed and cut the scene was cut with a stitched rectangle die. I added a bit of extra white card stock to the bottom of it for more room. 
Next, I took a hills die and cut out thin strips of card stock and added them to my scene to act as snow drifts. I added the second tree and the bear and stamped my sentiment. Some twine and gumdrops finish off my card. 

At the very end, once everything was glued down I held my breath, grabbed a paint brush and added some glitter snow to the mountain tops and trees. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp: BearMountainsWinter Evergreen - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Hello Winter - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Let It Snow - Carta Bella  

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Misti, white gel pen, stitched rectangle and oval die - YNS, Aleene's Glitter Snow, twine, gumdrops - YNS 

Spectrum Noir Markers: EB3 EB6 EB5 BG5  BG7 CG4 DG3 JG6 IG1 IG3 BGR3 BGR4

Be sure to stop by the High Hopes Rubber Stamps Facebook page and blog for daily inspiration from the oh so creative design team!
                                                                 
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!


1 comment: