Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Dragon - Sick Day

Welcome OCS Fans!
It's Wednesday, and so I'm happy to be posting this adorable little dragon to help put a smile on your face! I decided to make an Easel Card this week. The dragon I am using is called "Seymore's Sick Day" by High Hopes Rubber Stamps. It was stamped onto Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and then coloured in with Copic Markers. I then, fussy cut around the entire image.
To do the background behind the dragon, I cut out some Bristol Paper using my Cuttlebug and Lawn Fawn - Zig Zag Rectangle Stackables. Then used Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers to create the ground and shadow beneath the dragon. The clouds were done using Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Salty Ocean and I had created a stencil from Avery Elle - Custom Steel Dies - Pierced Clouds Die. Finally, I ran my little dragon through the Xyron machine and layered it on top of the background that I had created.
Close up of the Dragon:
For the sentiment I used "Tail Not Waggin / Get Well Soon" by High Hopes Rubber Stamps. I stamped the sentiment using VersaFine - Onyx Black and then embossed with Ranger - Clear Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder.
I completed card by using the Zig Zag dies again to cut out  a border around the coloured image and sentiment. Sentiment was popped up with some pop-up squares. Around the background papers, frames and sentiment I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Wilted Violet.
Background Paper, Recollections - Petite Floral - 12 x 12" (30.4 x 30.4 cm) and some flowers from my collection were then used to complete the card.
To make the Easel Card I just took a 5.5" x 12" piece of white cardstock and then scored at 6" and then on one of the 6" portions at 3". This allows the card to lay flat when mailing.

Card Recipe:

Dragon: YG01, YG03, YG13, YG17, Y15, Y17, Y18, V12, V04, V09
Hot Water Bottle: B32, B34, B37
Pill Bottle: E23, E25, C1, C2
Thermometer: C1, C2
Background: Ground: Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers - Terracotta, Sepia, Tan, Moss; Sky: Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Salty Ocean
Around card and borders: Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Wilted Violet
Background Paper: Recollections - Petite Floral - 12 x 12" (30.4 x 30.4 cm)
Die Cuts: Lawn Fawn - Zig Zag Rectangle Stackables; Avery Elle - Custom Steel Dies - Pierced Clouds
Added Tools: Cuttlebug, MISTI, Xyron, Tape Gun, Glue DOTS, Forever In Time - Pop-Dot Value Pack.
Be sure to visit the One Crazy Stamper blog for your daily inspiration, and check out our Facebook page, Pinterest and Twitter as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment