Wednesday, February 15, 2012

“Hands Up” by Nellie Snellen

Hi all, Madge here for a wonderful Wednesday – following Shari’s Terrific Tuesday card (which was really terrific). 

I’m a little distressed today as I had a rough night last night with my little Michou (13-yr old Shih Tzu / Poodle cross).  He was having some problems and needed out every half hour all through the night.  Needless to say, I kept a close eye on him all day – which makes me very cranky.  Worse than having a sick child – at least a child will point to where they are hurting.  We will have to keep an eye on him for a couple of days to see if it continues – which will probably mean X-rays / blood tests / etc. etc. if he doesn’t improve.  He’s been my best little bud for 13 yrs – used to sit under my desk at work :) He was great at being the official greeter at the office.  Anyway my card will be simple – with the explanation to follow.P1010200

I’ve chosen to highlight one of Nellie Snellen’s delightful dress-up kids at play called “Hands Up” from the Young Rebel series.    I’ve been on a mission lately to use some old techniques and to use up supplies that I haven’t looked at for awhile (and some of my favorites) – and here they are:

Technique:  Paper Tearing & Z-fold card.

Supplies:  Bo bunny papers, gold seed beads (for sand) Tombow glue (to attach beads); twine , crackle accents to strengthen the anchor cut from c/s, Copic Markers; X-press It Blend c/sPearl Pen (Ice White)) (for seashells);   Can anyone guess what i used for the lettering and the sea shells??  . . . . . . . . split pea soup mix . . . . . kinda fun poking through a whole package to find the correct letters!!  My 110 Copic Marker was used to highlight them.  I also drew on the paper to give the illusion of a pirate’s map.

P1010203

Well, that’s it for this week. Hope your significant other treated you well for Valentine’s Day. I know mine did! (unbeknownst to him . . . lol).

‘Til next time -

~ Rubber hugz , inky wishes ~

siggyhaycock

5 comments:

  1. Wow what a fabulous card and scene!!!! This is soooo adorable and I love it!!!!! The colors and the design are superb!!!!! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madge, this is absolutely delightful!!! Just love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madge, I adore your creativety, and all the thought which went into this card. Love all the colurs you used and the stamp is precious as well, I remember playing pirates as a wee girl and she certainly reminds me of me that day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your little fur baby gets better. Your card is beautiful not simple at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet! I love these images. and I am a sucker for pirate themed cards. :)

    ReplyDelete