Thursday, February 23, 2012

Not a card but my project uses paper

I’m mixing it up today on the OCS blog to show you a crafty project I recently completed.  Ever since I saw a cluster of the alphabet in Pottery Barn’s magazine I’ve wanted to do my own version.  Fast forward a couple of years and I finally got around to doing this project.  We recently rearranged bedrooms in our house so this left me freshly painted walls to decorate.  After I collected all the letters, I was ready to start!
002 I had to dig through my stash and find some really fun printed papers.  Most of these happen to be October Afternoon papers…one of my favorite paper companies!  I used Modge Podge to adhere the paper to the letter.  I painted the rest of the letters and made a few of them special. The “Z” is chalk board paint and the “R” has Viva Decor Pearls on it.
I really like the way this project turned out and the kids love it too.  My mini 2 year old munchkin points and starts singing the alphabet when she sees this. 
Have you recently finished a project that you love? I’d love to hear about it.

4 comments:

  1. What a good way of decorating a child's room. Love the letters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. Very Unique Jacilynn! Clever way to display ALL your favorite paper into a fun a fun learning tool!
      ~ rubber hugz ~
      M

      Delete