Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Stampless Card

Hi all, Madge here for another Wonderful Wednesday!  All is well on the home front – my little Michou has rallied around and is back to normal. Thank you to all who the emailed me of concern.  Everyone who knows me personally, know how much I love that little furry cuddle-bug.
I’ve chosen to do a “stampless” card today. [ Oops, I lied – there are two stamps used on it – one for the inside and one for the back.]  When I noticed that OCS was carrying the Marianne dies, I was over the moon!  So today I’m showcasing a Marianne Creatable die called, Elegant Lady ,P1010213 along with Spellbinders oval and scalloped oval die.  I started with the die cut and made it into a cameo by placing it onto a white oval (added color to the cut out) and matted it with a black scalloped oval, to which I added pearls made with my Ice White Viva Decor pen.  The die is so elegant, that I thought I would make it look like a picture covered with glass – so I used Ranger Glossy Accents to cover the cameo.  “Gorrjussss”!!!   Looks like a little framed picture.

I  LUV making different folds for cards – this one is a vertical flap over a regular ( 41/4" x 11" - scored in half) card base, which allows me to leave a private message, but also allows the card to be displayed in an upright position.  With all the beautiful die cut borders and border punches available at OCS, I chose a MS border punch b/c I had it handy on my crafting desk.  I used Broken China TH distress ink to distress the edges and  added some flowers and a trendy, large Organza Ribbon Bow.  The flowers are from here, and here.    The flap is held in place with a little black photo tab and brad (from stash).

P1010208Here is a look at the inside flap of the card. 

P1010210
And the back.

Until next time – take care
~ rubber hugz , inky wishes ~
siggyhaycock

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely breathtakingly! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madge, this is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card...those dies are so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this. THe silhouette is fabulous! You've really made this die look great on this card!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card. I am pinning you so I can try it sometime. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shanna, did you ever make this card. I cant figure out how it goes together.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete