Thursday, March 7, 2019

Dear Spring......

I admit it, I'm winter weary and I have been thinking about Spring a lot! 
This week I decided to have some fun with my thoughts of Spring and make a card for Spring. Weird right?! but maybe if Spring knows how much it is loved it will think about coming a little earlier then usual....<wink> 

"Sitting Bee" and some fun spring coloured paper were perfect for my "thinking of you" card for Spring. 




I coloured this cutie with alcohol markers and hand fussy cut it leaving a thin white edge around the antennas. They were tough to cut and things went a little awry with the paper/scissor/knife combo I was using......sigh.........
Next I cut a piece of white card stock to size and cut a honey comb pattern die. I taped it on the cardstock using painters tape and used it as a stencil for my background. After I was done inking my background I added the sentiment using my Misit for perfect placement. 

All of the paper is lightly edged with antique linen Distress ink. 

Instead of throwing out my now blue honey comb pattern I decided it would be a perfect embellishment for this card along with some enamel dots and a pop of ribbon. I hope Spring likes her card and decides to come early!

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Sitting Bee - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: One Of Those Days - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Spring Perfectly Plaid - Lawn Fawn

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Misti, white gel pen, enamel dots - Gina Marie Designs, ribbon - stash, antique linen distress ink, honey comb pattern die - Whimsy 

Spectrum Noir Markers: BG5 BG7 BG10 CT1 CT4 GY4 IG1 IG3 IG5 PP1 PP3 PP5
Copics: C00 R20 

Be sure to stop by the One Crazy Stamper  Facebook page and blog for daily inspiration from the design team!
                                                                 
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment