Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Get Well Gopher!

Welcome OCS Fans!

Today is Wednesday and I'm back to share this adorable little gopher nurse in a tea cup to cheer up your friend, who isn't feeling so great right now from the new Get Well Soon collection. The stamp I'm featuring is called Gopher Tea Nurse (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) and the sentiment is Think Happy (High Hopes Rubber Stamps)!



I die cut some Copic Marker X-Press It Blending Card using my Cuttlebug and Spellbinders - Labels 10. Using my MISTI, I stamped the image with Memento - Tuxedo Black ink. Next I coloured in the image with a mixture of Copic markers and PrismaColor Pencils. To get the crisp white edge around the image, I repositioned the cut out image back into the die cut and then taped the back to keep it in position. Then I coloured in my background around the image. Once completed, I removed the tape from the back of the die.

I die cut a second frame from the same die cut set (Spellbinders - Labels 10) and then edged around it with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Evergreen Bough using a dauber. Next, I put the die cut into Cuttlebug - Snow Dots embossing folder and ran it through the Cuttlebug again. I stamped the sentiment using Versa Fine - Onyx Black and then embossed it with Ranger - Clear Super Fine Detail embossing powder. Next, I die cut the sentiment with My Creative Time - Sentiment Label Dies and edged around the die cut with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Evergreen Bough using a dauber. To complete the project, I edged around the remainder of the card with the same Tim Holtz ink.

Card Recipe:


Stamps: Gopher Tea Nurse (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) - TT171, Think Happy (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) - GG055

Background Paper: Stampin' Up! - Have a Cuppa - 6" x 6"

Copic Markers:

Gopher: E49, E47, E29, E25, E23, E21, R20, R00, Gelly Roll Sakura #8 Pen, Sakura Glaze - Black

Tea Cup: BG49, BG18, BG15, BG13, BG11, BG10,

Tea Bag: E53, E51

Nurse Cap: C2, C1, R27

Background around Gopher: BG000

Gopher Fur Details: PrismaColor Pencils: Dark Umber (PC947), Sienna Brown (PC945), Burnt Ochre (PC943)

Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Evergreen Bough, Versa Fine - Onyx Black, Memento - Tuxedo Black

Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug - Snow Dots

Embossing Powder: Ranger - Clear Super Fine Detail embossing powder

Die Cuts: Spellbinders - Labels 10, My Creative Time - Sentiment Label Dies - MCT-D139

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the One Crazy Stamper blog, and the One Crazy Stamper Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.


No comments:

Post a Comment