Sunday, April 7, 2019

Let's Play!

Happy Sunday Everyone! The weather is beautiful here. Still not a solid warmth, but there's no snow and that's what counts for the first week of April.

In our house, everyone is excited about extended park time, bike riding, sidewalk chalk drawings and the upcoming start to soccer season! My two kids play, while my husband coaches. It creates a busy schedule, with games twice a week.

And so, for this weeks' project I made a cute water bottle topper, using Soccer Star, for some start of season luck!


This was really easy to make. I cut a bookmark size piece of paper (a fishtail flag, but a simple rectangle would work too) and cut a hole big enough to fit over the top of my chosen bottle. Then, I scored just below the circle to create a bend and allow it to drape over the bottle.

The image, Soccer Star, was cut out with my circle dies, the edges distressed and then layered on to a scalloped circle. I then decided to use my bottle top cut out for extra accent on my Play Like a Girl sentiment, and layered them up.


Since this was for my sweet girl, I decided it needed a bit of extra bling!



I hope this brings a smile to my soccer enthusiasts face on the first day. Let's Play!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute!! We are excited over here in Ireland to get the longer evenings though I wouldn't rule out snow yet lol

    ReplyDelete