Thursday, May 9, 2019

Fairy Garden

If April showers bring May flowers and fairies make a garden grow, then we should be all set in my neighbourhood. 
We had a very wet April and May is starting out the same so that is sure to bring flowers. My neighbour and I also joke about having a garden fairy as my roses always do well when I really don't do anything with them and she has plants growing that haven't come up for years. We call our garden fairy Hilda who used to live in my neighbours home and had a way with plants <wink>

I decided "Lilly The Spring Fairy" is a fun way to pay tribute to our garden fairy "Hilda". 



I coloured Lilly with alcohol markers, Prisma pencils for some shading, Nuvo Glitter drops for her wings and hand fussy cut her. I set her aside and created my background by blending inks from Stampin' Up and Ranger Distress Ink. I spritzed some water to help create a magical feel and added some Frantage around the edge. Next I cut out my heart flower border die and added some Frantage to some of the flowers to tie my card together. Some matching ribbon and hearts finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Lilly The Spring Fairy - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Sentiment Set #2 - High Hopes Rubber Stamps

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Frantage - Stampendous, Honey Gold Nuvo Glitter Drops, Stampin' Up ink, Distress Ink - Ranger, Heart Flower Border die - YNS, Ribbon - Stampin' Up, Shape Sprinkles - Doodlebug

Spectrum Noir Markers: FS9 CG1 DG2 YG3 AP1 AP3 BG1 GY4
Copics: E00 E11 RV11 
Prismacolor Pencils: Mahogany Red, Pink, Deco Pink, Marine Green, Limepeel, Yellow Chartreuse


The High Hopes and One Crazy Stamper Design teams post daily inspiration on Facebook and the blog.  Inspiration can also be found on Instagram and Pinterest! 
                                                               
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment