Thursday, May 2, 2019

Oops!

Picture it......a beautiful spring day, the sky is blue, the sun is out, the roads are dry and your bestie and her hubby have come for a visit.
Your own hubby has been itching to take his car our for a rip and the hubby's decided today was the perfect day for it. Hubby's car at the time, was set up to be raced on a track - it was loud and it literally shook the whole house when he started it. 
The boys went out and had a good rip in the car and were telling us all about it. They were pretty pumped about their drive including a "little" squeal of the tires in town. It was all fun and games until this showed up in my driveway.......

Someone complained about the noise........but thankfully the nice officer only gave him a warning. Hubby literally walked back in the house and said "Oops!" and this experience became the inspiration for my card. 





After colouring the stamp with alcohol markers I hand fussy cut it and ran a black marker around the edge to get any white I had missed. I didn't intend to fussy cut it - my original thoughts on card design went sideways so I had to regroup. I added some silver gel pen to the ring around the headlights.

I added this fun stamp to a banner die and paper from Cartopia from Carta Bella. The die cut houses are cut out of a couple different dies I have and added the town element from my story. Some twine and gumdrops finish off my card. 

Card Recipe 
Stamp: Wrangler - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Sentiment: Oops - High Hopes Rubber Stamps
Patterned Paper: Cartopia - Carta Bella 

Tuxedo Black Memento ink, silver gel pen, white gel pen, banners 3 die - Sizzix, twine, house dies - YNS, gumdrops - YNS 

Spectrum Noir Markers: IG1 IG3 IG5 BG5 BG7 BG10 TB4 TB5 TB9 CR7 CR11 DR7 LY1 LY3 


The High Hopes and One Crazy Stamper Design teams post daily inspiration on Facebook and the blog.  Inspiration can also be found on Instagram and Pinterest! 
                                                               
Thanks for stopping by! Have a super fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment