Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Spring is here!

Welcome One Crazy Stamper Fans!

It’s Wednesday, and I’m back to share these adorable hedgehogs who are so excited to smell the beautiful spring blossoms growing on the trees. I used Hedgies Spring Loaded (High Hopes Rubber Stamps) to create the scene. I added a little bit more to the tree off to the side.


I thought it would be fun to try colouring this stamp using various watercolour mediums and brushes.

I started off by stamping the image onto Arches Watercolour Paper, 140 lb. Cold Press.

Then I used a mixture of Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers, Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Derwent Watercolour pencils and a paint palette.

I created the clouds by using a cotton ball and soaked into a little bit of water and then tapping it onto the paper to lift some of the watercolour. Finally, I used Pigma Micron 02 Archival Ink Pen to outline the flowers and the Hedge Hogs. For the noses, I used a Sakura Glaze - Black pen.

Supplies Used:

Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers: Chocolate, Sepia, TerraCotta

Derwent Watercolour Pencils: Brown Ochre 57, Raw Sienna 58, Copper Beach 61, Vandyke Brown 55

Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Ground Espresso, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Brushed Corduroy, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Gathered Twigs, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Picked Raspberry, Krafty Kolours - Totally Taupe Mini Ink Cube

Ai Watercolor Essentials Palette

Background Paper: Recollections - Petite Floral - Double Sided 12 x 12 in (30.4 x 30.4 cm)

MISTI - Most Incredible Stamping Tool

Brushes: Talkon H.I. Series - 970 White - #4, Legacy - Folk Art 1837 Perfect Liner #1, Bette Byrd "Aqua-Sable" 1600 Filbert 1\4

Ribbon: Ribbon Trends - Organdy Ribbon 029 White

Hope you like it and have a fantastic week!

You can find lots of inspiration from the Design Team Divas at the One Crazy Stamper blog, and the One Crazy Stamper Facebook Fan page plus you can also follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.









No comments:

Post a Comment