Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Short Tutorial Shading Around an Image!!

Hey there today I have a quick tutorial for ya!! I have decided to show ya how I shaded around some of my images..For this I have chose a HIGH HOPES stamp called FROGGY"S POSEY..I stamped it with MEMENTO TUXEDO BLACK INK onto white card stock.  You will need B0000 and B000 as well as a water pen filled with Rubbing Alcohol..

Step 1 take your B000 an flick in an outward motion around your entire image..Once you have finished this take your water pen filled with rubbing alcohol and go over the blue in the same flicking motion..

Once your image has dried take your B0000 and go over the area again flicking further out this time..

Now you will go over again with your alcohol filled pen..Do this as many times as you like until you get the desired effect!! FYI you can do the same with a COLORLESS BLENDER but I prefer the water pen..

Here is the finished card..I love frogs so this image was right up my alley..I coloured using COPICS and then did some shading with my PRISMA PENCILS!! I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and if you have any questions contact me at kluvscoloring@gmail.com.. The supplies I mentioned above can all be found over at ONE CRAZY STAMPER..

COPICS USED

YG 01, 03, 05, 07, 09, 91, 93, 95, 97
R 22, 24, 27, 29
E 41, 42, 43
Y 13, 15, 17
C 3, 5, 7
B 000, 0000

PRISMA PENCILS USED

989 Charteuse
908 Dark Green
947 Dark Umber
935 Black
937 Tuscan Red
943 Burnt Ochre

thanks again for stopping by and have a great day!!!


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful tutorial. Thanks for the tips!
    It is a really cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, thanks for sharing this...love it! Awesome card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the shading tip. I always have problems doing it pretty. Yours came out lovely all around. Hugs, AntoinetteT

    ReplyDelete