Tuesday, August 27, 2013

It's Your Day - Take Time for You!!!

The month of August has flown by and today is my last BIRTHDAY themed card for the monthly challenge at One Crazy Stamper.
Just before my move back in May, I cleaned out my Distress Ink Palettes, and just never seemed to have the time to get the inks refilled. So I finally pulled out all of my Tim Holtz Distress Re-inkers and filled my palettes, and the end result is this little birthday card. I inked the House Mouse "Spa Day" with Tsukineko Black Onyx ink and stamped it on watercolor paper, and then got busy using my water brush and the distress inks to color the image. To enhance the bubbles I used Stardust Stickles to add sparkle and shine.
Card Recipe
Flowers - Shaded Lilac, Seedless Preserves
Leaves - Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint
Mouse Faces - Tattered Rose, Tea Dye
Mouse Bodies - Gathered Twigs
Stone Wall - Pumice Stone, Weathered Wood
Soap Dispenser - Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet
Water Bubbles - Tumbled Glass, Milled Lavender
Sky - Stormy Sky
Bowl - Crushed Olive
Word on bowl - Wild Honey
You still have a couple of days left to enter the BIRTHDAY challenge here at One Crazy Stamper to win a fabulous prize, and don't forget that OCS is looking for future guest designers - all of the details can be found by clicking on the icon at the top of this page.
 
 

5 comments:

  1. A great card Shari. Love the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colouring with your distress inks is beautiful!! I have a drawer full of these little guys...going to have to pull them out now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the House Mouse and the details of this card are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Shar! Guess what is coming in this week? House Mouse on cling....stay tuned!! Cheers, Lora

    ReplyDelete