Friday, June 21, 2013

Carousel Card Tutorial

Hello and happy Friday!  Today is a special post for me as I am going to share with you a tutorial on how to create a "Carousel" Card.  What I love most about this type of card is that it is a gift all on it's own for whom ever you create it for, I guess you could say it is a mini book card.  When I was creating this card I used my favorite colour, adorable images and sweet sentiments.

I am going to forewarn you that this post is going to be VERY picture heavy.  I am not a videographer so I decided to make my tutorial using photos - I sure hope you enjoy it and I would LOVE to hear your thoughts after you have had a chance to check it out!

What made me want to make this card is this amazing Marianne Design Card Carousel Die that Lora sells in the One Crazy Stamper store, here is a photo for you to see what the die looks like...
 This great Craftable Carousel die will give you the opportunity to make unbelievable cards. You can make a full circle (which is what I have to show to you today using the largest of the dies), half a circle, or just a quarter. The possibilities are endless!

Here are photos of the tools and supplies that I used to create this amazing card....
 
Supplies Used: * Whimsy Wee Stamps - Rosetta, Flower Fairies & Ruby  * DoCrafts Wellington 8x8 Stamp Set  * Your Next Stamp, Watnot Sentiments  * Stampabilities True Friends Sentiment  * High Hopes Thinking of You Sentiment  *  Menento Inks - Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa & Rhubarb Stalk  *  Copic Xpress It Paper  *  Copic Sketch Markers (colours used listed below)  *  Scor-Pal 1/8 Scor Tape  *  Scor-Pal  *  Bazzill Basics Simply Smooth White Cardstock (for card Base & carousel)  * Squishy Scissors (for intricate cutting)  *  Quickie Glue Pen  *  Fairy Dust Glitter, Sugar Shimmer  *  Glue Dots  *  Marianne Design Card Carousel Die * Spellbinder Die - Blossoms Three  *  My Favorite Things Die-Namics - Flag Stax, Flag Stax Layers & Flower Trio  *  Sheer Ribbon * Pink Shimmer Card Stock  *  Patterened Papers:  MME 6x6 Pads - Love Me & Indie Chic Safron + Lost & Found 6x6 - Blush  *  Various Sentiments to match your theme  *  ATG  *

Directions:
* To start off you will need to cut out your card base, cut 2 @ 10-1/4 x 6 + 1 @ 6 x 5-1/8

* You will need to choose your paper(s) and cut 10 @ 5-3/8 x 4-3/8.  I chose 5 different co-ordinating papers and cut 2 of each.

*Choose 4 images and 4 sentiments + a cover sentiment or decorative- I also chose to put a "handmade by" stamp on the back of the card.  The reason I did not put an image on the front and chose a sentiment instead is because when the carousel is opened the front and back of the card is not seen.  Also I chose a Spellbinder set that co-ordinated with my images and also had a few different size selections that I used throughout the whole card for a uniform look (I am a little anal that way if you have not noticed)
 
*Next you will need to cut out 4 pieces of the Marianne Design Card Carousel Die - see picture below....

*Using your ScorPal, score where I have noted on the bottom right die cut in the picture above.
 
* Next I put my card 2 large pieces of the cardbase together on top of each other and the smaller piece in the center of the "book", then  I placed all my patterened papers on the the card bases in the order that I wanted them to be seen on the carousel.  Be sure to attach a piece of ribbon on the underside ofthe front andback pieces of paper so as to create the tie to close the card.
 
*Once you have on your papers, add your "flower"anchors where two pages of the book join to keep each page attached to each other (this step can been seen on each page showing an image below).
 
*Next you will want to add your sentiments and coloured images to all the remaining pages.  Dont forget to add a "Handmade by" on the back cover!
 
*Once you have all your indsides completed, add adhesive to the small scored tabs of the carousel die pieces and attach to each section of the insideofthe book.
 
Below I have pictures to show you of each completed step of my book!  Copic colours used on all images will be listed at the end of this post for your refference if interested.
 
*My outside cover using the wonderful sentiment from DoCrafts Wellington 8x8 Stamp Set....
 
*Below is page one & two of my book...

*Here is a close up of the High Hopes Sentiment that I used on page 1....

*Here is a close up of the Whimsey Wee Stamps Rosetta with a paper pieced vest, that I used on page 2.  I did 3D effect the larges flower as well...


*Below is page 3 & 4 of my book....

*Here is a close up of the Whimsey Wee Stamps Flower Fairies (#1) with a paper pieced dress, that I used on page 3....

*Here is a close up of the Your Next Stamp Whatnot Sentiment that I used on page 4....

*Below is page 5 & 6 of my book....

*Here is a close up of the Stampabilities True Friends Sentiment that I used on page 5....

*Here is a close up of the Whimsey Wee Stamps Flower Fairies (#2) with a paper pieced dress, that I used on page 6....
 
*Below is page 7 & 8 of my book....
 

*Here is a close up of the Whimsey Wee Stamps Ruby with a paper pieced vest, that I used on page 7....

*Here is a close up of the Your Next Stamp Whatnot Sentiment that I used on page 8 - this is also where I will write a little some thing to the recipient of the beautiful book/card....

*This is the back cover ofmy book that I decided to put a "Handmade By" sentiment to finish off the project.  Tie up the book with a pretty little bow and voila!...


*Here is a view of the book before it is tied into the carousel....

*Here is what the full carousel card looks like when opened and tied on the side - pictures sure do not do this justice so hope you get the jist of it....
Copic Colours used on all Images:  *Skin-E11, E00, E000 *Dark Hair-E49, 59, E25, E50  *Lighter Hair-E29, E27, E23, E50  *Pinks-R56, R85, R83, R81, RV10, RV000  *Greens-G24, G21, G20  *Other-E40, E23
 
Well, that is my tutorial I prepared for you, I hope that you will give it a try as I am sure you will see a few more of these on my blog in the future because they are soooo much fun to make!  I would sure love to hear your thoughts on this fun card if you have time =)
 
Until Next Time, Keep Crafting!
Hugs;
 

5 comments:

  1. A great tutorial and idea Shari. I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow---great card!! I must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing thanks for sharing, I love it...super awesome...going to try this for sure. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tutorial. This is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Beautiful card and THANKS for the tutorial..Have been looking for one on how to use this die set..loz

    ReplyDelete