Saturday, July 6, 2013

He's The Man

Here's the kind of Handy Randy I could use, but only with a stash like that!! For my post this week I'm using Handy Man by Kenny K and boy oh boy did I have difficulty with this masculine image, I think there should be a book or guide on how to make fabulous manly cards without them looking too pretty...

Any who, here's what I did. I choose some design paper that could pass as masculine, paired that with a simple layout and minimal embellishments.  I couldn't resist a few rhinestones, after all they are blue. As a little bonus I attached a tag which just tucks in and is removable, this will be used for a custom message to the lucky guy who receives this card.

Supplies Used
Handy Man(Whimsy), Createtables-Tag and Buttons(Marianne design), Rhinestones-Aqua(Kaiser)

Copics Used
Skin-E11,E13. Hair-C5,C9. Pants-T3,T5,T6. Shoes-C5,C7,C9. Shirt-BG0000,BG01. Hat-BG01,BG05. Eyes-E15,E47. Tools-C0,C2,C3. Tool Belt-YR21,YR23


I have one more thing to share with you all... I had planned to go see Lora yesterday at the store and my daughter(she's 3) was coming along and so she decided to make Lora a card. I assisted with the glue and only gave a few suggestions but she did all the work and 99% of the design, and this is what she created. The sparkly thing was some "treasure" she found at the park, the popsicle stick was a part of her special "collection", most of the other elements where things found on my desk aside from the heart, flower and butterflies that we did with punches.  


Supplies Used Payton(Your Next Stamp) and some Aqua rhinestones.

If my long post hasn't taken up too much of your day, why not use some kraft paper and play along with our "KRAFT" challenge this month. There is a fabulous High Hopes prize pack up for grabs. 


3 comments:

  1. Aaemie, your masculine card is fantastic. I struggle with those cards too! But you have nailed it!
    Love your daughters card...not long and she may too be on your design team! Lora will love her card I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great masculine card Aaemie. Love your daughters card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww....your daughter's card is just too cute. And your masculine card is great. I think we all struggle with them because it's the bling and the flowers we all love. LOL! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete