Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Red Hat Girl

Good Morning and welcome to another Wonderful Wednesday.  It is my turn to once again post here today and I have a card using the new line of stamps called My Besties.  I was inspired to make this card because the hat reminded me of the red hat society.  I did a little research and this is what I found out about the beginning of the society :

The founder of the Society is artist Sue Ellen Cooper, who lives in Fullerton, Orange County, California. In 1997, Cooper gave a friend a 55th birthday gift consisting of a red bowler purchased at an antique store along with a copy of Jenny Joseph's poem "Warning". The opening lines of the poem read:


"When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat that doesn't go and doesn't suit me."

Originally the society was open for only women over 50, but now is open to all women.  Sounds like a fun time with girlfriends :)

Here is the card:



A close up of the image:


Copics Used:  Skin ~ E00, E02, E11, R20; Hair ~ E55, Y21, YR23; Clothes ~ 0, BV02, BV04, BV08, R32, R35, R37, W1, W3; Hat ~ BV02, BV04, BV08, G29,R32, R35, R37; Shoes ~ E40, E42, E43

Thanks for dropping in today.  Don't forget our challenge this month to use the colour kraft.  See the above pinned post for details.

Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment